My best friend went missing recently.
Recently is an understatement. I’ve been gone from home at my apartment near the college I just graduated from. He’s been gone almost a week now, the longest we’ve ever gone without seeing him at least cross the backyard.
In case it hasn’t been obvious yet, my best friend is a mixed breed Havana Brown kitty. His name is Chocolate, at the vet he’s known as fiddle, but “kitty” has always just stuck.
15 years he’s been by my side. Every night that I’m home, he wanted to play, or curl up at my feet. Purring. Purring.
I’ve been gone.
… I knew to prepare myself for the possibility as soon as I left for college. Spending weeks at a time away from him was going to be hard on both of us. It used to be every night we’d cuddle, and he’d purr like a Harley, loud and rapid. Then I’d see him over breaks and house-sitting weekends. He maintained plenty of exercise with hunting birds and mice, squirrels, other field creatures that we’d insist he leave be, but we’d always praise his kills.
My SO is convinced he’ll come back. My sister already experienced something like this, and she was cautiously supportive.
I walked around in the rain.
I’m not ready to cry yet. I’ve had too many instances of hypotheticals I’ve cried over.
I’m ready for him to come home now. I’m ready to see him at least one more time.
I’m also ready for the worst.
Please come home.
My mother caught
Sneaking alcohol onto
At the end of the
And I punished her
And she still hasn’t
For hugging her
AND I WON’T APOLOGIZE!
I don’t care if Robert Reich can get beyond outrage, I’m proud of him for doing so but it won’t change anything. The facts are lined up nice and clear;
1. Corporate America has decided it is better to cut costs to the business rather than investing their own salaries into their businesses to help create jobs. Their definition of a strong economy is one where all the money flows through some of the hands.
2. War-Profiteer stopped being a dirty word. When this happened is not entirely clear but I think it was when that “Mission Accomplished” banner was flown.
3. Conservatives in the house and senate believe we should all be masculine straight men and feminine straight women and deny anything in our DNA that says otherwise.
4. Conservatives in the house and senate believe we should believe in a “small government” that is still able to tell us EXACTLY how to live our lives, but has no place in telling a business owner that they have to pay their employees enough to avoid starving to death.
5. Conservatives in the house and senate believe we do not have the right to unionize
6. Conservatives in the house and senate believe that a woman has no right to choose for herself.
7. Male Conservatives in the house and senate believe that a woman should have to pay for her own rape kit and that the police need to work primarily on arresting more people and not on being a socially reliable institution.
8. Democrats in the house and senate are okay with this, otherwise they would, you know, DO something about it.
9. President Barack H. Obama has not taken charge and fixed things.
10. Pres. Obama has not done these things because he is also working for the very corporations he told us he would do something about. Working to keep them at the top.
I cannot stand it anymore. I want to get everybody to vote for a real candidate who is honest, frugal, socially understanding, and in any way intelligent. We cannot find those candidates because they do not receive funding for ad time. The money used from Super-PACs is going to the candidates who are more likely to give it back and keep things the way they are. We sit back and accept that money counts as free speech. What, then, becomes of those without any free speech? They are forsaken and have no rights. they do not have money because they cannot get a job. They cannot get a job because the corporations strangle as much as they can out of employee pay and benefits to flip a company and turn a disgusting profit. The shareholder system allows upstarting companies and even smaller ones that have social responsibility to be bought out and used to further the corporate hate machine. The FREE MARKET has been neutered!
So what do the poor do? They seek the military as a source of income. not only do they burden the American taxpayer, but they throw their own lives to the wind. they are prepared to fight for the country they believe in, but they are not fighting a patriotic battle. The United States does not fight to spread wealth, health, or social responsibility, but rather to obtain oil, to cleanse the earth of non-Judea-Christians, and to profit from war. Every soldier that goes missing or is deemed KIA is another set of military equipment that needs to be issued to a replacement. The American taxpayer is burdened and where does the money go? A weapons development corporation, a military technology corporation. Corporations. Corporations with wealthy CEOs and owners and shareholders who want to see high revenue and growth.
Who’s going to put their foot down?
(Next time, I discuss why I think elected Democrats are bed-wetting posies)